LSO Mentorship Hub
In partnership with Ten Thousand Coffees
Life Sciences Ontario has launched a digital mentorship hub with Ten Thousand Coffees.
Why? We want to keep helping recent graduates, young professionals and anyone negotiating a career transition to network and connect with experienced mentors within the sector.
We’ve run mentorship programs for many years, but this one is a little different.
- It’s all online. You can sign-up with LinkedIn to populate your profile faster.
- It’s easy to request coffee chats with mentors from a variety of life sciences backgrounds. If you really click, you’re welcome to continue connecting.
- Meetings are usually a half hour to an hour, and can take place in person, by Skype, by phone or through email. You decide what works for you.
- You can schedule meetings within the hub and easily add them added to your calendar.
- LSO members get priority status when requesting a coffee meeting with our experts. You can also access our popular in-person networking nights and breakfast sessions (either in-person or live-streamed) to grow your connections and shape your career. Become an LSO member and use the discount code “10kCoffees” to get 10 percent off.
Why should I sign-up?
Our 2015 LSO Sector Report identified the transition from school to industry as one of the biggest challenges to the sector — unemployment is at 18.9 per cent for recent grads.
Programs like this one are designed to help new grads figure out how to crack that barrier and are an excellent way to give back.
- Visit the LSO hub page and click “Get Started.”
- Sign up with LinkedIn using your email and complete the registration process.
- Upload a picture.
- Fill in a couple fields to create a quick bio.
- Verify your email address (you’ll automatically get a “Please Verify Your Email Address” email prompt from Ten Thousand Coffees).
- Click "Verify Email.” If you don’t see this message right away, check your junk/spam folder.
Questions? Contact Jill Osborne, chair of the LSO Mentorship Committee.